To build an environment of oral health awareness by engaging the community with education and promotion of preventative measures for optimal oral health.
"Healthy Mouth for a Healthy Life."
What We Do
Funded through the California Healthcare, Research, and Tobacco Prevention Act of 2016 (Prop 56), the five year Oral Health Program strives to meet the oral health needs of Lake County and address its burden of oral disease.
Since its establishment in 2017, the Oral Health Program has largely focused on community outreach and education. Preventative dental care is best for maintaining oral health, so school-based programs have been implemented to offer preventative dental services to students. Additionally, oral health kits containing educational materials and dental hygiene products have been distributed to community members county-wide.
Going forward, we hope to expand our efforts and provide further support to community members in their oral health journey.
- Promote consistent oral health education, messaging, and outreach in the community
- Improve access to oral healthcare and prevention for the under-served
- Sustain and expand oral health programs and initiatives
- Collect accurate data to measure key indicators of oral health
- Collective impact: We value collaboration and shared passion of all partners to improve the oral health of the community
- Realistic goals: We agree to set goals that are achievable and aligned with our core purpose
- Value each individual: We treat each person with dignity and compassion and create opportunities that foster safety and promote personal empowerment
- Respect: We respectfully listen, appreciate the unique gifts of every person, and maintain an attitude of non-judgement, empathy and humility
- Mutual trust: We recognize that community members share our commitment to improve oral health for themselves and for their families
- Empowerment through education: We believe that community education is critical to increase oral healthy literacy and to empower residents to make healthy choices
- Equitable access: We believe that all individuals in our community deserve quality comprehensive oral health care that is local, accessible, and equitable
- Children are our future: We recognize that improving oral health in the community is generational and needs to start at the beginning of life