March 3, 2020 Presidential Primary Election
Federal Offices on the Ballot
President, United States Senator, United States Representatives for the 3rd and 5th Congressional Districts
- United States Representative - District 3 Candidate Statements (PDF)
- United States Representative - District 5 Candidate Statement (PDF)
State Offices on the Ballot
State Assembly member for the 4th Assembly District
- California Secretary of State Election Information
- Member of the State Assembly - 4th District Candidate Statement (PDF)
Local Offices on the Ballot
County Board of Supervisors for District 1, District 4, and District 5, and Judge of the Superior Court for Department 2
- County Supervisor - 1st District Candidate Statement (PDF)
- County Supervisor - 4th District Candidate Statements (PDF)
- County Supervisor - 5th District Candidate Statements (PDF)
Local Measures on the Ballot
- Yuba Community College District: General Obligation Bond Election - Measure "C"
Resolution 19-37: Resolution of the Board of Trustees of the Yuba Community College District Ordering an Election to Authorize the Issuance of General Obligation Bonds, Establishing Specifications of the Election Order, and Requesting Consolidation with Other Elections Occurring on March 3, 2020 (PDF) (Includes Appendix A: Ballot Measure Full Text)
- How to Vote for U.S. President - From the California Secretary of State
- Signature Verification Statement and Instructions (PDF)
- Unsigned Ballot Statement and Instructions (PDF)
Register to Vote
To be eligible to vote, you must be:
- A United States citizen
- A resident of California
- At least 18 years old at the time of the next election
- Not in prison or on parole for the conviction of a felony
- Not been determined by a court to be mentally incompetent
You must re-register any time you change your name, residence address, or political party. Please notify the Lake County Office of the Registrar of Voters of any change to your mailing address (if different from your residence address).
Register to vote online at registertovote.ca.gov or at the Lake County Office of the Registrar of Voters located at:
Lake County Courthouse
255 N Forbes Street
Lakeport, CA 95453
Voter registration is also available at Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) offices, City Clerks' offices, public libraries, and post offices. You may have a registration form mailed to you by calling our office at 707-263-2372 or the California Secretary of State at 800-345-VOTE (8683).
The Voter Registration Deadline is always 15 days before an election. After that date in order to vote you must vote with Conditional Voter Registration at the Office of the Registrar of Voters. Conditional Voter Registration is available at the Office of the Registrar of Voters up until 8 pm on Election Day.
Are you interested in running for elected public office? Each election a candidate handbook is developed by the Lake County Office of the Registrar of Voters to cover the steps to become a candidate. These guides are for reference only and they do not hold the force or effect of law. View the County of Lake Office of the Registrar of Voters Election Candidate Election Calendar / Handbook Statewide Presidential Primary Election Tuesday, March 3, 2020 (PDF).
Information on Federal or State office qualifications and requirements is available through the California Secretary of State (SOS) website.
Whether supporting a local bond measure or running for a statewide office, laws and regulations require that candidates and committees report campaign contributions and spending to ensure transparency and accountability for elections.
For State and Local candidates, visit the Fair Political Practices Commission.
For Federal candidates, visit the Federal Election Commission.