View all facilities

Lower Lake Schoolhouse Museum

Located on Main Street just east of downtown Lower Lake, the Schoolhouse Museum, built in 1877 and restored and opened as a museum in 1993, hosts an interesting collection of local pioneer artifacts. The museum also a collection of Native American artifacts and a rock and mineral display. A restored schoolroom and Victorian Parlor add to the charm and authenticity. Cultural events and art shows take place in the Weaver Auditorium on the second floor.

Holiday Closures

  • New Year's Day
  • Easter
  • 4th of July
  • Thanksgiving Day
  • Day after Thanksgiving
  • Christmas Eve Day
  • Christmas Day


  • Pioneer artifacts
  • Rock and Mineral display
  • Restored Schoolroom
  • Research Library
  • Cultural Events and Art Shows in the Weaver Auditorium


  • Parking for the Schoolhouse Museum is a gravel lot with 3 steps to the level of the Museum building
  • Handicapped parking is on asphalt, with no steps to the museum
  • Weaver Auditorium is open for special exhibits on the second floor, with the main galleries on the 1st floor
  • The Auditorium is accessible by an exterior elevator, or exterior metal grate stairs with a landing. Internally, there are railed steps to the 2nd floor with a landing
  • The 1st floor has a single accessible bathroom with a grab-bar. The Auditorium has 2 multi-stalled bathrooms with 1 larger Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) stall with a grab-bar

Additional Resources

Go to Calendar